Presenting ECL activities in Trinity college
ECL visit from DIAS
Dr Grossan got medal as the best researcher
The Energetic Cosmos Laboratory, started by Nobel Prize Winner Dr. George F. Smoot, is a cosmology and astrophysics group at Nazarbayev University, that investigates the birth and evolution of the universe.
- ECL will host 2nd international conference – Exploring the Energetic Universe 2019, 17-21 June 2019.
- A new CNC machine has been arrived to ECL.
- ECL team, Dr Grossan, Dr Baigarin and Ms Bekbalanova, visited National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) and High Precision Device (HPD) for collaboration on MKIDs project.
- ECL team, Dr. Baigarin and Dr Shafiee, visited Trinity college and DIAS in order to collaborate on MKIDs project. On this trip, Dr Shafiee presented recent activities and results of ECL among Trinity and DIAS scientists.
- Dr Bruce Grossan, Distinguished Scientist from Berkeley Space Center and also experimental leader of ECL, is selected as the best researcher of the year 2019 in Kazakhstan.
- ECL will bring internationally renowned researchers to Nazarbayev University from June 17-21 for a research conference on Cosmology, Energetic Transients, and Advanced Detectors. See http://ecl.nu.edu.kz/conference2019/ for more information.
- The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, visited ECL laboratories. During his visit, successful results of Cryogenic detectors, fast telescope and the coldest place in Kazakhstan (mK cryogenic facility) are explained.
- Fast telescope was installed in Assy Turgen
- CDK700 Telescope from Plane wave Instruments was successfully installed in Assy Turgen Observatory on 17th – 20th of October.
- ICEC27-ICMC 2018, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Baurzhan Alzhanov participated ICEC27-ICMC 2018 that took place on Monday, 3rd September, 2018 – Friday, 7th September, 2018 on research topic “The cryogenic detector for cosmology observation”.
- ECL at WOLTE 13 2018, Sorrento, Italy
- Dr Shafiee and his team, Ms Bekbalanova and Mr Kazykenov, Participated in WOLTE 2018 and presented their work.
- ECL visit to Paris Center for Cosmological Physics
- ECL 2018 Autumn Workshop
- New Publication of ECL about Black Holes and Dark Energy
- Collaborative work on short exposure observations at Tien-Shan Astronomy Observatory