Electronics assembly and testing facility
At ECL, we develop and test various high-speed readout systems for low temperature detectors and astronomy instrumentations.
In order to measure the instantaneous resonance frequency and dissipation of superconducting microresonators of the MKID arrays, we have developed a fully-digital data acquisition system with emphasis on precision, readout speed and digital processing capabilities . We use the robust scalable software defined radio (SDR), Ettus USRP X310 board, including a powerful Kintex 7 FPGA.
These boards feature:
- ADC: 14bit, 200MSPS
- DAC: 16 bit, 1GSPS
- Large customizable Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA for high performance DSP
- Multiple high-speed interfaces
- Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet – 2x RX at 200 MSps per channel
- Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet – 4x RX at 80 MSps per channel
- PCIe Express (Desktop) – 200 MS/s Full Duplex
- ExpressCard (Laptop) – 50 MS/s Full Duplex
- Dual 1 Gigabit Ethernet – 25 MS/s Full Duplex